Soft Water and Iron Reduction Offers Plenty Of Benefits for Your South Jersey Area Home
Eliminate the damage and hassle hard water and iron causes throughout the house with an advanced Culligan water softener.
The reason hard water can lead to problems in the future has to do with the higher-than-average amount of TDS (total dissolved solids). These dissolved minerals, while not necessarily indicative of problems in the home, can leave your water tasting “off,” but can also cause buildup in your pipes, fixtures, and major appliances.
Over time, this buildup will cause appliances like your water heater, coffee machine, and dishwasher to work harder, which uses more electricity, driving up your utility bill. When working overtime to do these tasks, your appliances won’t last as long or do as good of a job.
Hard Water in Your South Jersey Home
Tap water in South Jersey comes primarily from local aquifers from the New Jersey Water Supply Authority and the Delaware River, which is a surface water source. Being a surface water source, it can pick up minerals such as calcium and magnesium at the source, on the journey to the treatment plant, and on the journey to your house that can cause a higher level of hardness in your water. Whatever your water symptoms may be and wherever -- Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, & Salem County -- a whole home water filter from Culligan can help you rest easy knowing your home’s water is safe and soft.
Iron In Your South Jersey Home
Iron can wreak havoc on your home and its infrastructure. Culligan has a solution for this. We can offer a solution with our traditional water softeners, but also have a custom filter that reduces iron and extends the lifespan of your appliances.
The Iron-Cleer® Whole House Water Filter is a state-of-the-art water conditioning system that significantly reduces iron in your water. The result is cleaner, clearer, softer water for your entire household.
- A filtration system that reduces the negative effects of hard water and gives you better-tasting water that can also extend the lifespan of your household appliances
- Eliminates the need to use harsh chemicals
- A twin-tank system to help reduce contaminants in tap water
Trust Culligan, the Water Softening Experts
Any hard water issues that you are experiencing in your home can be easily eliminated with custom water softening from Culligan of South Jersey’s advanced line of water softeners.
Regardless of where you live, whether it is in Williamstown, Vineland, or West Berlin, our softeners are built to target and remove the specific minerals in your area that are causing you hard water. You’ll be able to taste, and see, the difference at your tap and around your home. Our proprietary technology is able to remove iron, calcium, and other materials before they can do damage throughout your house.
Our local experts are available to test your water, review the results, and find the water solution that’s right you’re your home. It’s easy to find the water softening solution for your house, needs, and budget with Culligan.
Water Softener System Benefits
- Reduce the electricity your appliances use with more efficient water.
- Extend major appliances life – from the water heater, to the washing machine, and even the coffee pot.
- Enjoy better-tasting water from every tap in your home.
- Have water that is easier on your hair, skin, and nails to improve their look and feel.
- Help your laundry look better – and even last longer – with soft water.
- Use, and spend, less with personal care and cleaning products that work how they are supposed to with soft water.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Water Softener!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime build up are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
See why more people than ever trust their water to South Jersey Culligan Water. With over 80 years working to provide in-depth water expertise, cutting-edge technology, and dedicated customer service, we’ll help you find the right water softening solution for your home, and help it run like new for the life of the product.
- Water testing and evaluation is always included.
- Culligan water softeners come with professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and dedicated customer service to help you get the most out of your water softener, with less hassle.
- We’re proud to offer one of the most efficient water softeners on the market today, the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener.
We know water, and water softening technology, it’s why we hold more patents for water softening and treatment than any other water company.
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water teste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems it leaves behind a hard scale.
3. How does a water softener work?
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
8. How often do I need to add salt?
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.